Testing Station Locator
Use this Testing Station Locator to find a testing station near you. You will also be able to view wait times and get directions.
As of November 1, 2023, Quality Tire Service, 2420 Hiller Ridge, Johnsburg, IL, will no longer offer vehicle emissions inspections.
As of December 26, 2023, Edwardsville Auto, 503 E. Vandalia, Edwardsville, IL, will no longer offer vehicle emissions inspections.
Please use the Testing Station Locator below to find new and existing testing locations convenient for you.
Testing Hours & Tips
Test Station Hours of Operation
Testing hours are: Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM and Saturday from 7:30 AM to 1:00 PM. Testing stations are closed on Sundays and State Holidays. For a list of State Holidays, click here.
Illinois EPA encourages those 65 and older, healthcare workers, first responders, and those with pre-existing health conditions to visit Illinois Air Team testing locations during the first testing hour of each day. We ask those without these special considerations to arrive at testing facilities after the first testing hour of each day.
Test Day Tips
Follow these tips to ensure your test is quick, efficient and goes smoothly:
- Avoid testing at the end of the month, the beginning of the month and on Saturdays, since these are the busiest testing times.
- Make sure the vehicle brought in for testing is due for a test by clicking on our Vehicle Eligibility Check tool.
- Use this handy tool to view estimated wait times at testing stations.
- Ensure your vehicle is safe to operate so that your emissions test may be safely conducted.
- Please drive your vehicle for at least 15 minutes prior to entering the testing station to ensure your vehicle is adequately warmed-up for the inspection.
- If your 1996 or newer OBD-equipped vehicle has a covered or otherwise obstructed diagnostic link connector (DLC), please open or remove the cover (consult the owner's manual for location and instructions), or remove the obstruction prior to arriving at the testing station.
- If your 1996 or newer OBD-equipped vehicle has recently been serviced, or if the battery has been disconnected, please drive the vehicle for several days before bringing it in for inspection.
- When arriving at a testing station, leave the engine running unless directed otherwise.
* Remember, you must have your vehicle tested
before you can renew your registration.